The latest version of Windows is Windows 10. It has a new feature that was not present in its older versions are Alarms.
Now Windows 10 users don’t need to rely on the boring old-fashioned alarm clocks. There Windows 10 device is itself sufficient to wake them up anytime anywhere they want it to. You just need to turn it on or off as per your need.
Here you will get to know how to set up an alarm in Windows 10 device step by step.
- Step1- Click the “start” button then go to “all apps” and choose “alarms and clock” or Go to the search box and type alarms and then click on “alarms and clock”.
- Step2- Click on the “+” icon in the bottom right corner to add a new alarm time or you can select an existing one.
- Step3- As per your convenience, you can also give a name to your alarm, set the repeat frequency, choose the sound, and snooze time.
- Step4- Click the save icon in the bottom right corner of the window.
- To delete an alarm clock on the trash bin icon in the bottom right corner of the window just next to the save icon.
Note – A warning appears on the top of the alarm saying “notifications will only show if the PC is awake”, that means if your device is turned off then the alarm will not work and if the device is turned on only then the alarm will work which creates a problem because it is practically not possible to keep your device on every time or everywhere. So to eradicate this problem Windows 10 comes up with an alternative.
To stop your device from sleeping follow these steps
- Step1- Go to the windows search box and type “sleep”.
- Step2- Click on “power and sleep settings”.
- Step3- Set the sleep time to “never” and voila your alarm is ready to wake you up.