- Windows users use bing to collect various information. It is a highly trusted search engine developed by Microsoft.
- The bing search history shows whatever you have searched on your device with dates and your visited sites as well. It also helps to improve your search results.
- All of it’s better to say most of the search engines and social sites use to store your search results and it’s not a big deal unless it threatens your privacy.
- They do so because it helps them to know you and your needs in a better way. But it’s your choice whether you want it to store your search lists or not. If you are comfortable with this then it’s alright but, if not then you can clear an individual search or the whole list or you may disable this feature on your device. It’s all your choice.
- It takes track of everything you search online. And like all other things it also has advantages and disadvantages.
- For example- as you know it tracks your every search so, it can help you to get back to anything you searched for in the past. Yes, it can and it is an advantage and it’s really useful.
- Now, look it another way you already know that it tracks your searches and, that means it can create a privacy concern for you and it will reveal your personal information and now it becomes a disadvantage. So take your call and control it as you want.
To clear your bing search history follow these steps-
- Step 1- Visit bing.
- Step 2- Click the hamburger menu in the top right corner on the homepage.
- Step 3- Click on “search history”.
- Step 4- Click on “manage or clear your search”.
- Step 5- Click on the “clear” button.
With the increase in cybercrime in this digital era, it is an alarming situation and you are yourself responsible for protecting your privacy online, and it’s very crucial to be safe everywhere. if you are taking a risk with your privacy you will be proved wrong Sooner Or Later. As there are many third-party sites and hackers on the network who take advantage of your private information and you get trapped by them. So to be at risk-free you can delete your Bing history on your device and your history log will be clear and there will be nothing left to harm your privacy.
How to disable bing search results on your device.
By default in the start menu when you type anything it would try to search for on the bing.
For example- If you go to the windows start menu and type Shahrukh Khan, provided results are from the bing and it is annoying when you are searching for some important files and data on your device.
To disable Bing history on your device follow these steps-
- Step 1- Click on the start menu.
- Step 2- Type “Regedit” which brings you to the registry editor.
- Step 3- Click on “registry editor”.
- Step 4- Click on “yes”.
- Step 5- Now search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER by scrolling down and expand it.
- Note-Here, you will need to scroll up and down to search for what you need.
- Step 6- Expand “Software”.
- Step7- Expand “Microsoft”.
- Step 8- Expand “Windows”.
- Step 9- Click on “current version”.
- Step10- Click on “search”.
- Step 11- Click on “edit” at the top left corner. Next, go to “new” then go to “DWORD(32-bit) value”.
- Step 12- Now in the box type “BingSearchEnabled” remember in “BingSearchEnabled” A, S and T are capital letters, and then press enter.
- Step13-Double click on the “BingSearchEnabled” and check if the value data is zero if not then make it 0.and click on “ok”.
- Step 14- Next click on “Cortana consent” here also make sure the value data is 0 and click on “Ok”.
- Step 15- Close the registry editor.
Restart your device and see the magic. Now you can easily search your files and data on your device.
Yes I know, it’s a bit lengthy and tricky but trust me and follow the above steps if you want to get rid of bing’s provided results while searching for your important files and data. If it is not a trouble for you then leave it there is no need to disable it.