In this article, we will learn about taking screenshot options on a MAC. We will teach you three different ways by which you can take a screenshot of your MAC.
The screenshot is a great way to communicate and visually save notes or details. The screenshot is also on-trend because of online classes during this corona period. So, the screenshot tool helps students to capture notes during the class provided by their tutors.
Also, the screenshot feature helps users to capture online bill payments or transactions done for safety purposes.
Different ways to take a screenshot on MAC :
Command + Shift + 3 –
The First way is to capture the entire screen and to do this we press and hold command + shift and number 3. You will find a screenshot in the bottom right of the screen, you may click on it to check the screenshot.
Command + Shift + 4
The screenshot will automatically be saved on the desktop.
The second method is if you want to capture a smaller area and for that, you need to press command + shift and this time number 4. You’ll notice that the cursor changes into a crosshair and what you do on the touchpad just press and hold and drag the area you want to screenshot.
The screenshot will be completed, when you release your fingers from the touchpad.
Command + Shift + 5
The third way is slightly different for the above two.
1- Go to the Finder and type in ‘ Screenshots ‘
2- Double click on it and you’ll notice you have a few options at the bottom of the display screen.
3- Here you will find options for screenshot the entire screen, a window or a selection of your screen.
For capture a selected window, now if you have more than one window open. You can press Command + Shift and this time number 5.
You also have the option where to save the captured screenshot on the device.
Some Screenshot Application or Tools For MAC:
- Snappy Snapshot Tool – This tool is also known as snap, which is the perfect tool for clipping stuff with features like resize, annotate and others.
- CloudApp Screen Capture – As its name users can share the captured image, recorded videos, gifs and others instantly to the cloud.
- Quicktime Screen Capture Player – This tool is perfect for screen recording. You can search for the Quicktime player on the launchpad
- Lightshot Screenshot Tool– This tool works for both MAC and Windows. By the use of this tool, you can capture a screenshot of a selected area on the desktop.
- Monosnap Screenshot Editor – Similarly CloudApp Screen capture, this tool also allows users to save files directly in Cloud with features like resize, rotation, crop and others.
- Skitch Screenshot Tool – This tool is specially designed for MAC and iPad with the features like annotation, shapes and sketches.
- Jing Screenshot Tool – This tool is also known as TechSmith which is the freeway to capture a basic screenshot.
Also, read How do I Sync my Settings in Windows 10